Do this, You're not doing that, Don't do this, These are what you should have, Instructional activity is only when the teacher is actively engaged, every lesson should have informal and formal assessments, assessments are not instructional activity, differentiated instruction should be on the drop down box, you have to copy and paste all your curriculum into new forms so you have the drop down box, the human element, someone must do 6th grade math tutoring, it will be you, you should do it more than one day a week, no grades in for 2nd quarter, goal tracker, new lesson plans for this year, I don't teach the same thing every year, you need to rewrite this, i need to read everything you do, flippant, have your white notebook out so observers can look at it, word walls, don't tape anything up on the walls, can't always log into the student computers, keep a data log within your curriculum and on goal tracker, you are accountable for your caseload, be a successful case manager, is this on your radar, plp everything, update positive behavior support plans, goal tracker, rewrite curriculum, copy and paste so it has a drop down box, there's not enough teacher notes, differentiated instruction, dok, gle, activities, instructional activities, practice and homework, differentiated instruction, bell work, objective, goal tracker, reading plus, lexia, passkey, read 180, sometimes you can't log on to student computers, desks not tables, rewrite curriculum, assessments are not instructional activity, every lesson should have an assessment, engaged, advance organizers, similarities and differences, lecture, kinesthetic, auditory, visual, I am not visual, goal tracker, reds, do your own testing, 30 days - including days you don't see the child, 10 day suspensions, manifest destiny, manifestation determination, put the kids name with the parents name on nom, don't call reading resource reading resource, priorities, goal tracker, plp it, print off the draft, re do, rewrite your curriculum, is this on your radar, goal tracker, i'm auditory, differentiated instruction shouldn't be seen.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
I'm trying to supervise people I used to work alongside. They think I should be their friend not their supervisor even though that is my job. People are bitching about me behind my back, spreading lies and poison about me but I can't do anything to stop it without giving up my source who trusts me and wants to help and that is why they tell me. Plus their help keeps me from being blindsided by a team that seems to want to mutiny at times. They blame me for all the bad and acknowledge none of the good and I only get $80 more per month than they do but have at least quadruple the work load. Plus now my peer quit so I am doing his job on top of mine. My supervisor is the one I am supposed to vent to but he just thinks I need to work harder but also get off my overtime that just keeps building day by day so I am damned if I do, damned if I don't. The replacement for the other group leader has a strong potential to be someone who hates me and has worked to make my life a living hell over the last few years, and then they are supposed to be my team that I trust. Ya, whatever. My job is getting more and more constrained with the expectations but no increase in pay. You are supposed to live to work, not work to live and I feel that is very messed up right now. I feel your pain. Misery loves company. Lucky for me I have a small handful of supportive friends and one sent me this verse: "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do." Ephesians 4:16 It helped me for a minute until I found out about another issue of talking about me behind my back had occurred. So I don't know what to tell you. I wish I had some motivational words. I'll just wish us both some luck:) And thankfully I can vent here because I have freakin' work people on my facebook so I can't say anything on there. UGH!
Vent anytime. It sucks right now. I'm sure it does in all areas of work, but education especially. Caring for people - being in the business of taking care of others. No pay, more work, and being under the gun and microscope so that the agencies we do work for get paid. Ridiculous. Corporate here I come. At least my lunch will be an hour and not 10-12 minutes. We need to get beers sister!
Oh, you hate your job? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY & they meet at the bar. --G. Carlin
Jobs suck right now. I like your idea and if we were closer I would jump on that offer!
I hope our worlds get better soon!s
Post a Comment