I think I've decided two things about cooking this winter. 1. I need a dutch oven. 2. I'm making soups and stoups this winter. If anyone has good down home soup recipes or knows of good websites, email them my way.
Also, I got a lot of good deals this weekend which may result in a smaller social life for the next two weeks, but I now am a first time owner of a Columbia fleece, new asics for running and several other awesome buys - those were the two big ones. It was definitely a good weekend for shopping. I don't regret any buys!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner - I'm thinking a mix of Tyler Florence, Ina Garten, and Rachel Ray - mostly Tyler.
Oh, I hate day light savings. Nothing makes me want to hibernate more than the sun going down at 5:30. Boo.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
Do you know the other meaning for a dutch oven? When you fart underneath the covers.
Anyways, I need a good dutch oven too. Not the fart kind but the cooking kind.
What's a stoup?
My favorite recipe site is The Pioneer Woman. http://thepioneerwoman.com
That is where I have gotten several new good recipes like: rosemary rolls, italian drip beef, chicken spaghetti. I tried the cauliflower soup once but it was too much work and cost for a soup that didn't blow me away.
Good for you buying yourself some nice things! Retail therapy never hurts;)
Thanksgiving is so close! Do you cook for the holiday?
And finally, I concur with the daylight savings bah humbug! It was getting dark early enough and now around 5pm. UGH! That and the biting cold are the worst parts of winter.
Yes...I know about that Dutch Oven, pretty good at them too.
Check out Rachel Ray to see what a stoup is, but it's just really not a soup or not a stew - inbetween.
I do cook for the holiday.
Post a Comment