BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The Salon

Many of you know and regular readers have heard/read about my very part time job at the salon. I dislike working on Saturdays, terribly. Really dislike doing it. So why do I continue to work at the salon? Here are the reasons why:
1. I get paid my measly amount every two weeks which works well for me since my real job pays only once a month.
2. It's easy.
3. They are sooo flexible. I can take off whenever I want, add more hours - whatever I need.
4. If I so choose (which I usually don't have money for), there are benefits - like half off services, 30% off product etc.

And those are the only 4 reasons why I work at the salon. I wrote this for my sanity as I stand here until 8pm in heels knowing I have to come back and do this again all day Saturday.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Yes, I understand the perks of the discount. I would be in heaven. I need color so bad now, 8 hours in heels would be worth it!

Miss you! A

Kodi Logan said...

If I didn't have Em, I would probably get a 2nd job. Thank God for Em, b/c I don't think I really WANT a 2nd job. I admire you for sticking with it. How about ditchin' those heels?

April said...

I am trying my damnedest (sp?) to try to NOT get a second job. I know if I did, I'd want to work at place like Borders or the library, etc.

OFF-TOPIC: How did you change your background? Apparently, mine disappeared and when I tried your site, it totally screwed up my entire blog look. How did you do it???