BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!



Precious. That is my Maggie.

I'm struggling with positive things to say - it's no secret, it's been the hardest holiday season in recent years. I probably say that every year, but I say it this year as someone much wiser and more mature than the person I was last year.

So instead I will name 5 things that I am looking forward to in 2009.

1. Going to Washington D.C, and any other travel adventures I choose. I love to travel and am glad that I'm getting a head start for this year in January.

2. Being in the last 2 weddings I will ever be in that are not my own. After these two, the next one will be mine!

3. Being active and embracing the warm weather when it comes. Tuesday I took a 2 mile walk with a friend and our dogs and then went and played tennis with another friend. I am looking forward to more of those opportunities anytime the weather is warm.

4. Finishing this school year and going into my final year in Special Education. No matter what I choose to do after next school year, my abusive relationship with Special Education will be finished. I will not be writing anymore IEP's, FBA's, BIP's, RED's or ER's.

5. Another year means another chance to embrace my life and all that is in it. It is another chance to release my expectations of my life (thereby releasing my disappointments) and allow myself to marvel in it's fullness and beauty, even in the trying times.

So happy new year, folks! I hope you make it a good one.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Um, once again. MOVE TO COLUMBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know I love you.

Alicia said...

I am off today. Get up and come down.

Stacy said...

Love the picture!
Holiday blues are normal but the fact that you are aware of them and try to be positive is great!
1. as I said, I'm jealous
2. I've never been a bridesmaid:( so guess I'm jealous there too.
3. I hate the rollercoaster weather here lately but those warm days here and there sure are nice!
4. GOOD LUCK!
5. Sincerely, a very HAPPY new year to you too!