This week has been packed with Christmas stuff - going to see Manheim Steamroller, going to the Magic of Christmas (kc symphony), and then yesterday spending the whole day with good friends! We went to the Boulevard Brewery and took the tour. It was really cool! After the tour of course, we got to try all the beers. It was excellent. The beers on tap and fresh are so different from the bottled beers. It was a really yummy experience. Here's some pics from that:
Then we went to eat at the Peanut, a local bar with good food. Then we hung around for a bit, went to see the movie Juno - which was cute. I really liked the movie - but with most things I wish I would have known something about it. I didn't really know whether to cry or clutch my ovaries. Overall, it's really, really cute and has the best message about finding someone that just loves you for you.
After the movie, we braved the bad roads once more (did I mention it sleeted and then snowed pretty much all day yesterday) and went to the Brick to see a really good lot of bands. We saw OK Jones (i might be wrong on that name), It's Over!, and ACB's. A REALLY AWESOME show!!!! All very good music. The bar was having a bad holiday sweater party. So I'm including a pic with me of my very ugly holiday sweater. The sweater itself actually was more like a valentine's sweater, but then Mary got at it and we turned it into a chrismassy sweater - just a little hotglue and some ribbon - wa la!
Enjoy! I certainly did!
Pat was pimping it in his very cool Kangol hat, so I had to play along.
BESTEST in their ugly sweaters!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
I've always wanted to see the lights on the plaza. Maybe we can come up some time in the near future to check those out! :)
Looks like you are enjoying your winter break! Merry Christmas!
What a fun idea to have an ugly sweater party!
I have another friend who had an ugly sweater contest... sounds like so much fun! I would just have to borrow one from my mom:)
Post a Comment