BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Things I like about Christmas: Family



My brother gets in town tomorrow and for Christmas I bought my family tickets to see Manheim Steamroller. It used to be a family tradition that we would see them in Omaha every year at their Christmas concert on our way up to South Dakota. We have not done that for a long time. And when I heard they were coming here to KC, I thought it would be a great present. I think my family will enjoy it. Both of my parents were very surprised that Eric was going to be up for it (or that I got him to go), so that's an even more special treat.

My family tradition has always been to have Christmas on Christmas Eve. So these days we usually go to Denny's or somewhere that is quick and open, then come home and open presents, hang out etc. I used to go to 11:00pm services at a church, but I haven't done that for a few years. It'll definitely be something I want my kids to enjoy when they are growing up. I loved holding the candle and then when I got older I loved lighting stuff on fire with it.

While it is now a somewhat uneventful season for my family, I do enjoy the time we get to spend together. And since I didn't force anyone to play games because I took a nap, at Thanksgiving, I plan on forcing everyone to play games at Christmas.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

What a good looking family!!

Stacy said...

Manheim Steamroller for Christmas? How cool!