Several things...in no particular order.
I had a professional development day on Friday. This allowed me to get home at the unusually early hour of 3:00pm. It was gorgeous out. I wanted to open up my front door and enjoy the breeze. I hadn't had the front storm door put in yet, because I just figured I would pay someone to do it, so that it was done correctly. But on Friday, I was impatient and decided I would just do it. So, I texted Brian and he agreed to come help. And off I went - installing my front storm door. We struggled with putting in the screen/glass. It just wasn't working. He kept talking about what him and Sarah were doing that night (like taking a walk and stuff) and since the sun was getting lower in the sky I just told him to go and enjoy it. My dad happened to call at that moment, he came over but was no help either, just yelled at me for no real reason. So, then I ushered him out and told him and mom to have a nice dinner. Then Eric came over...my personal superman. He can fix anything. So we drank beer and chatted while he figured out how to get the glass in, then put on my handle, and just finished up the door. It ended up being an awesome night.
Saturday was the year anniversary of the house break-in. I reflected on how many improvements I'd made to the house and how much safer I feel. I put in two new doors with new hardware, 2 new storm doors (the front one has a deadbolt), got my alarm turned on, and for the safety of my health - I had laminate wood flooring put in most of the house. It pretty much looks quite different than from when I bought it. This year will be the year of painting - so the inside will transform into something totally different. I am pretty proud of myself for my ability to keep up my yard and house and make improvements.
Speaking of the house, I watch the show Hoarders. When I watch Hoarders, I clean - like a mad woman. I think it's just because I don't want to end up like that. The beauty of the show is that they teach the people that they can change their lives, that they don't have to live like that. Anyway - it's always a sure fire way of getting my house cleaned up, I just start watching that.
Today I went for a bike ride down to the Plaza Art Fair with my good friend Carrie. It was a cold Fall day here in KCMO. The bike ride was awesome, the rosemary caramel latte I had from Latte Land was also awesome. The weather was perfect for looking at art. After the ride, Carrie and I went and picked up our Tour de BBQ schwag, even though we aren't going to be able to do the ride now. The pick up was at Spin Pizza, so we ate lunch there - it was delicious. I love that place. Then Carrie suggested Peach Wave and that made the day PERFECT!
I don't have vball practice tomorrow so I'm going to catch up on some paperwork, hopefully I'll feel better after that. I'm being weighed down right now by impending deadlines and useless paperwork. I'm sure there's a bit of this in every job, but I hope in my next one, there's a little less.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
I didn't know your house had been broken into. I need to know the story. Is there a blog about it?
Sounds like you are very self sufficient. Good for you!
No I didn't. I didn't elude to it on fb either. I came home on 9/25/09 to find my front door kicked in and all the lights on. The only stuff they stole was within 5 feet from the front door. Fortunately it was only a handful of items, and only 1 of them was really personal. I had a lot more problems with feeling secure and safe by myself. But I guess as humans, we adjust and just face and do what we have to.
Post a Comment