SIKE! But let's talk about the couch. I spend a fair amount of time watching television. Monday night is a particular favorite. I really like all the comedy sitcoms right in a row on my Channel 3. It starts off with How I Met Your Mother. I love this sitcom. I love Neil Patrick Harris (love). Then there's the show with David Spade - it's kinda a time filler. Then 2.5 men is on, which I generally enjoy, but it's also kinda gotten boring. Next, Big Bang Theory. I love, love this show. I love nerds and I had a big crush on Johnny Galecki when he was on Rosanne so it's a win-win show for me. Then I normally watch Castle, but it's not on tonight.
So I decided to write about my gathering thoughts from this weekend that were put into perspective by tonight's season finale of How I Met Your Mother.
I had a lot of thoughts, you all (my readers) probably thought I was bipolar this weekend. But really, I was just utilizing my blog as a means to get some thoughts out. I think a lot of being single and loneliness, it's enhanced with the recent engagement of my best guy friend, lack of social life, lack of social phone calls, and lack of money (obviously my life is LACKING). So I sit around and think, or do yard work and think, or clean the house and think - some of you know what I'm talking about. So first this weekend, I chose to write about the loneliness and then I did some positive thinking and wrote a positive, intuitive blog (or I like to think I did). Anyway - that came prior to going over to engaged friends house and partaking in a bbq of friends. While always a good time, I had a great conversation with another friend. It's interesting how we are in totally different places in life, yet going through some of the same things - at least the feelings are in the same spectrum. But it got me thinking about how hard I'm working to make my life the best it's ever been, but yet I continually allow myself to be beaten down by the single and 33 factor. I don't really know what it will take to get over that hump. I won't step backward or settle, I've worked to hard to move forward and change my life for the better. Which brings me back to the sitcoms, How I Met Your Mother, in particular. Tonight's episode put everything into perspective for me. I am not that person I was 5 years ago, 2 years ago, or even 6 months ago. I'm my doppelganger, a more amazing me.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comments:
I like this positive blog-o-yours and I would just like to add: 33 and single isn't as bad as say...50 and single. Now if you are 50 and single, you're screwed. You my friend still have plenty of time;)
All of this is under the assumption that you have no single 50 year old friends reading this blog. If so I was TOTALLY joking.
Post a Comment