Well. A lot has happened. I'll post on it in chronological order.
1. I forgot my camera when I went to the halloween party. But compliments of facebook, I have pictures. 
This is most of the party. I have other pictures, but need to dr. them up a bit before I put them on here.
2. History was made on Tuesday night as Barack Obama was voted in President Elect. I'm not surprised, but it's still an amazing event to me. I'm happy to have shared this event with 11-14 year olds, I've tried to impress upon them the complicated importance of the situation. I really feel we are all really lucky to be a part of this. I also am (and remember this is MY blog, I can feel how I want) happy to see a movement rather than just a person elected. It's necessary at this time and in this place. I just feel that in order to put our country back together, it's gonna take a village (or a nation), not one man or group of men or congress or whatever.
3. Speaking of villages....I'm really learning this year in my job that it really does take an entire village to raise a child. I'm being challenged everyday to let go of any and all control I have on situations. I'm also being challenged with lots of failures or learning situations. I can't do it all this year - I have entirely too many responsibilities to keep everything running the way it should. I am in the early stages of failing at my position (which is new, and I'm the only one in the school doing it, and there is no blue print - just a fire that I was thrown into).
And someday down the road, I'll be thankful for this experience. But right now it's sobering, depressing, and leaves me feeling vulnerable.
3 is a good number. Happy week, everyone.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
I don't remember which blog I commented on, but the concert was Plain White Ts on 11/16 at 7:30 at The Beaumont Club. Tix are $18 to go. I'd love to see them but I have no one to go with! If you're game, I'll order the tix for us.
what a motley crew you have there:)
Post a Comment