BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 16, 2008

I live for weekends.

This was a great weekend. I have some good pics to share. We celebrated my best friend, Brian's birthday. We went to a Japanese steak house, the kind where they cook in front of you and try to throw shrimp into your mouth.


Here's the crew that went, and normally goes. From left to right, if my memory serves right - Brian, Me, Jesse, Celinda and Clinton.

I bought Brian his first Sake experience. It was fun. Sake is good after the first little sips. I also learned from Jesse that, like wine, there are different types of Sake and that it can be dry, or sweet (probably not 'our' sweet). I think Sake just adds to the experience.


Here's our chef making a flaming volcano out of onions. He had a little story to go with it. The fun part of a dinner at a Japanese steakhouse is the entertainment!

We ended the night at Brian's house eating delicious cake he made and Stacey (Gavin's wife) frosted. Brian was very specific about how he wanted his cake frosted. He wanted a black white cake (think Seinfeld black white cookie, or if you've been to NYC - the black white cookie). So Stacey made that happen. It was a great cake and a great end of a great night.

Nights where I just hang out with friends, be it out at dinner or at someone's house, are my favorite. They just leave me with a good feeling.

4 comments:

supinalbion said...

HOW FUN. I love Japaneese steakhouses! Expensive, but worth the entertainment and taste...what did you order??

bonnie said...

Tofu and veggies!

Alicia said...

I love the weekend!

Stacy said...

never had sake or even been to a Japanese Steakhouse, but I do want to go and try it someday and I love sushi!