BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Art is all in the eye of the beholder.

And - Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

After visiting the Nelson Art Gallery, it's interesting to see what people think is art. I really like impressionism, but have respect for all kinds of art. I really like to look at it all. Some of it is so odd though. I am always intrigued at first Fridays (which is held on the first Friday of the month in the art/crossroads district of KC, all the galleries are open to go through). There's always one gallery with a pile of trash in it and it's supposed to be art. It's always funny to go through some of them and think - I could do that. I could frame a dried pea and someone would pay $800 for that. But maybe that is what makes art so wonderful and necessary.
I absolutely had the best day going to the Nelson, maybe it was the company, maybe it was doing something different or maybe the combination of both.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the St. Louis art museum. This makes me want to go.
Stacy

bonnie said...

never been - I'll have to check that one out.

Alicia said...

Who did you go with? Inquiring minds what to know! Ok, I am nosey!!!