For 35, I did 35 things I learned in 35 years. I'm not sure what I could add that I've learned in the last year. I've been thinking about what 36 things I could do. I tried to do a facebook campaign to get 36 random acts of kindness, but surprisingly, it did not go well. I didn't advertise and so it didn't get to 36. I did witness a few incredible random acts of kindness, and that was fulfilling.
So this year I give you 36 truths.
1. I worry about the future. Not my future, but the future of our Earth, our childrens childrens future. Yet, I do just above average on my part. I recycle (although not everything I could). I teach my students about the present state of the planet, and try and help them understand what we are doing to the planet and that we each make a difference. I support various organizations within my community that help clean rivers or bike more. That's my above average.
2. I have recently found Joe Joe's - they are Trader Joes oreos - and they are delicious.
3. 2 weeks ago I had a kidney infection. I have not drank soda since then, nor am I planning to.
4. I -do- drink at least 16 oz of water in the morning when I wake up. It has made a difference.
5. I ran for 10 minutes straight the other day - in my mind, I had just won the Boston Marathon.
6. Winter depresses me. I like it for the beauty of fresh fallen snow, and that's about it.
7. I don't have a good long-term, medium-term or short-term memory. I need prompts often to remember things, sometimes I never remember them anyway - like playing volleyball in middle school, I don't remember doing that.
8. When I can't remember a word, I can usually tell you the first letter it starts with and what it means but not the word itself.
9. I love reading books. I prefer it over television. Unless...
10. It's Duck Dynasty or Finding Bigfoot. I LOVE those shows.
11. I still play oboe in a band. I've been playing an instrument for 26 years - longer if you count the piano.
12. I don't really think I'll make it to 36 truths.
13. I can cook.
14. I am currently typing this on my laptop (given to me at Christmas by my brother) on my bed, sandwiched in between a cat (that I let in earlier) and my still sleeping fiance, with the dog on the other side (also let her in).
15. The moment that feels best during my day is when I take my bra off at night. Best moment ever.
16. I'm braver, but still afraid of spiders. I broke my spider killer (old swiffer) killing a spider last fall. Now that it's spring, they will come in again and I am feeling anxious without my spider killer. I probably just need to find a new one.
17. The best part of teaching is the student buy in, where they are wanting to do and learn what you have asked them to. I've had only a few of these times with this class of 6th graders. It's been a rough teaching year and I'm looking forward to the new year all ready.
18. Fitz and the Tantrums is the best Pandora Station.
19. I enjoy a good random dance session in the living room. I can still get down.
20. I'm skeptic of many things - ghosts and The Long Island Medium aren't on the list
21. I feel pretty tech savy, except when I try to get my photos from my phone to this laptop...I can't seem to figure it out. But I will or I will ask my brother.
22. The dog and John are snoring. Not in unison.
23. It's going to snow or sleet today. I prefer my spring breaks warm.
24. Having your birthday on spring break or a time when you are not working is the best. You can celebrate lots and go do stuff you wouldn't normally be able to on a school night.
25. I'm running out of thoughts and wanting breakfast. I might end it here and come back when I am deeper thinking.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
Amen to #15, sister. Amen. I think the world should go braless. My life would be much more enjoyable. I also think that I would love to know what it's like to not have boobs that weigh 8 lbs a piece and hang to my belly button. :)
That sucks that your 36 acts of kindness didn't come to fruition... GREAT idea though!
I wish... oh how I wish that we had stores like Costco, Trader Joes, World Market. A girl can dream.
I have a TERRIBLE memory too!
Also love when I get to take my bra off... or spend bra-less and make-up-less days. Ahhhhhhhhh.
Post a Comment