I think that we are all, always, looking for that perfect balance. We know when we almost have it and life is swell, it feels good, and days are great. We know when we don't have it, we feel like crap, we are angry, small things make us upset, overall life isn't fantastic.
I've lost my balance, which is so much easier to maintain if there isn't someone else in the equation..just the truth. However, with John in my life, and if it's in balance, life is fantastic, it feels extraordinary, the goods are super amazing. But his balance affects my balance. So when he is focused only on work, and doesn't take time out to enjoy our homespace or take care of himself...it affects my balance. I spend more time making up for him not enjoying or not getting my enjoyment because he is sick...again. It's such a balancing act. We don't even have kids in the picture. I'm incredibly in awe of those people who can balance the family, the faith, the working out, the eating right, and the happiness at the job. I have had the best year, almost 2 years, of my life so I'm not complaining. But I will tell you that it takes a lot of focus and patience with myself to obtain the balance that I desire, and maybe even need.
Good luck in striving for your balance. If you have any secrets or words of advice, please share them.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment