BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Living together

It's a beautiful thing when you find someone that is willing to love you enough to put up with your most intimate self.  We began talking about moving in back late fall/beginning of winter last year.   As with most things for John and I, it began with a conversation. The conversation continued up until the summer and we made the final decision.  I began readying my place, making room for John's physical items.  It was a process that would teach me  more about myself than I ever bargined for.  I was opening my life, my most intimate life and making room for his.  I was very concerned for John's transition.  It was right at the beginning of school, I was very concerned that we wouldn't get everything put away and in place to start school.  That was majorly important to me.  So I started making room and readying my house.  I got new carpet in the bedrooms.  I got rid of excess.  I moved things around.  I cleaned out the shed.  I got rid of more exceess.  There was a lot of excess.  I had no idea how much crap I had in my house -  how much I didn't need.  How much money I had spent on things that weren't usable.   Clothes that I wore once.  Furniture that didn't have a place.  Stuff I didn't use.  It all (almost) went.  I made enough room for John's physical things.  It was a smooth transition, we got things together, put up new book shelves, shelves and redid the bathroom.  We got along.  We laughed, worked together and worked alone all as a team.  It took John a while to adjust, as I think it would take anyone time to adjust to a new situation.  We were sharing our intimate selves.  That's new.  It's not as new now, it's just now starting to feel comfortable.  But our relationship has shown it's colors and they are beautiful.  Our  ability to work for eachother and with each other makes me incredibly excited for the future.  I have found the one, the one that accepts me for who I am, even intimately.  It's really all I wanted out of a relationship, I'm lucky enough to have that and more.  There's never a day I wake up and do not cherish what we have.  We will continue to grow and I have confidence our relationship will grow with it.  I'm so happy for this, for us.  Everyday is a blessing.

I have every intent to do a movie with John introducing our place - maybe for the holidays....with all the christmas decs. 

2 comments:

Stacy said...

What a beautiful post. I can't say enough how much I am happy for you. He sounds WONDERFUL and you sound like the best version of you. How lucky you BOTH are to have found each other.

Stacy said...

What a beautiful post. I can't say enough how happy I am for you. He sounds WONDERFUL and you sound like the perfect version of you. How lucky you both are to have found each other! Many continued blessings for you both:)