BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 07, 2012

humility and mercy

Caring Bridge is a great resource.  I love that we can follow our loved ones and see how their treatments are going.  I love that there is a place for those that have to use it to share and air their feelings.  It's also a place where you can leave messages for the blogger or family of the Caring Bridge. 
That said, it's also taking up most of my link bar, you know the one under your address bar at the top.  I'm not sure of the technical name for it.  But I do know it's filled up with caring bridges.  It makes me sad that so many people I know are on caring bridge.  That means they are dealing with a disease, trauma, or other type of tragic situation.  Everyday I am faced with the humility of how great my life is at the moment.  As well as how all that could change in the next moment.  And maybe now that I have a love, a human to intimately experience life with, I care.  I care about that life and those experiences.  I also appreciate the life and experiences I am having now.  I appreciate them with a great depth and love.  Humility seems to be all around me these days - on my computer, on facebook, at work, stories of loved ones - anywhere I look and seek out humility finds me.  It could be the Caring Bridge, the sad stories of neglected kids (work), unexpected death, or even just everyday problems.  I am humbled and gracious for the life I am leading.  I am able to see the brightness and happiness that I have.  I am able to experience the moment and not look back or ahead. 
Lately I've been wondering why all the messages coming my way about humility.  And then Jacque's Caring Bridge answered it all.  She wrote about mercy, which is the name of one of her new and cute little kittens.  But she didn't just write about her kitten she wrote about God's mercies and how He saves us from danger or problems everyday that we just don't even know about.  Humility gives me the 'it could be worse' aspect, where mercy steps in and gives me the grace to see how good life is. 

So Jacque's blog was able to show me that what I was really seeking, or why humility was coming my way was so that I could see the graces and mercies given to me.  Be thankful, appreciative and don't take anything for granted.  Live a good life.   










0 comments: