BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 09, 2012

procrastination



I don't want to pack for Florida - heading to the Everglades in the morning.  It's tedious and I'm afraid that I'm not going to pack the right stuff.  I keep wanting other things - but don't have the money really to go get them.  Oh well...so I got on blogger, which I hardly ever do anymore and checked out Kodi's blog.  This was her last entry - I thought I'd steal it and do it instead of packing.

I was...wondering today what obstacle is really keeping me from being healthy and losing the weight I want to lose.  I can't figure out the barrier.  I don't know what keeps me from just getting up and going on a walk.  Or joining a gym.  Or working out on the Wii.  Maybe it's fear, or feeling the lack of time, or not wanting to make it a priority.  It might be overwhelming.  I just know I have to get past it and get on it.  The time is now, I KNOW it.  I know it in my body, my soul, my mind. 

I am...heading to the Everglades tomorrow.  So excited for this trip, and so nervous.  We are being filmed by a film crew for a PBS special or something.  I don't know if I could be an actor.  So much pressure.  I have just been talking to myself saying that it doesn't matter what I look like, or how many pounds the camera adds, I need to go and have the experience.  That's what I'm there for.

I think...this will take more time than I was prepared for.  I have a lot of things to accomplish and I'm moving at a snails pace. 

I wonder...what kind of animals we will be able to see on the trip.  I also wonder what my boyfriend is doing in Illinois.  I miss him.

I wish...for nothing.  Everything eventually falls in place. 

I save...beer bottles...actually, John saves beer bottles.  I will have to figure something out with them, I think there will be a lot around the house.

I always...take a time out.  Everyday.  I have several time outs - resting times.  Usually right after school.  They are great moments in my day.  I meditate, read facebook, look at my email - it's just recharging. 

I can't imagine...still teaching special education.  My life has changed so much since I made the move to regular ed.  All for the happier.  Things fall into place.

I believe...in sunsets, waking up when the sun does, riding my bike on cold spring mornings, sweating til I stink, enjoying my friends and family, letting my feelings out, saying yes, seeing good in people, and I believe in living life.

I promise...to get it all packed up and ready to go before I get to bed tonight.

I love...my family (which includes my chosen family) because they believe, love and support me.  I'm very blessed.  I definitely don't take my gift for granted, even if I may not show it all the time.


3 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

I think it's sad that the post you mentioned was my last. Especially now that I'm on summer vacation. There are just so many priorities these days and I'm really trying to learn to quit chasing after the great balance in life and understand that life is a pendulum and we go through different seasons. My blogging season will return someday. I just know it! I sure do miss you girl! I'm glad you are getting to go and do some fun things this summer. I can't wait to meet your special fellow. :)

Stacy said...

How is/was Florida? How exciting! I've never been to the Everglades. Do you know when the show will be on PBS or what it's called? Where do you keep your beer bottles? You could make a beer bottle tree outside, but those are a bit gawdy...Man I ask a lot of questions.

bonnie said...

Stacy - I'll write about Florida when I can get the pictures. Right now I don't have many and definitely don't have the ones I want to put on my blog. I was only there for 3 days - but it was awesome. A totally out-of-my-confort-zone-amazing experience.
We just keep the beer bottles in boxes OR recycle them. The ones we keep, John thinks we will use for brewing. Ask away, i'm an open book.