BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Years Resolutions - Review of 2011

Here are my resolutions for 2011, let's see how I did.

1. more game nights. Played a new game called Quelf (yes, I know, that's the real name of it). I am excited to play it again. Plus I also found out you can play 8 people on Just dance 2.  I did not attempt as many as I wanted, maybe something to continue trying, I would definitely like to have others over more often
2. I want to bike twice as much as last year. I want a road bike. I want to bike a 50 mile stretch. I want to join a biking group that meets weekly.  check, check, and check - although didn't join a bike group
3. Continue on my path of an active life style - I definitely think it's the path I'm supposed to be on. Fell of the wagon when volleyball ended, gotta get back on it.
4. Continue changing my diet. More veggies. I want to create a list of go to recipes for myself in 2011. I want to try and plan more meals and cook more for myself -I was doing it, but got out of the practice of it because it can be hard to cook for one (mentally, emotionally hard).  still continuing - although looking at balance and portion control
5. Make the 'struggle' less existent. I am tired of struggling lately with decisions, thoughts, midwestern values, the parts of my life I can't control. I need to let the control factor go and just live. The struggle has gotten quite difficult to handle lately and that has to change.  ecstatic to say the struggle I was speaking of here is over
6. Go ghost hunting. It has been insanely hard to find a group here in KC. But I really want to go. I have this interest, which is surprising to myself and everyone else, and I need to feed it. I feel like I can say check here
7. Travel, however this will be dependent on.... check
8. Continue to work towards being debt free. this will be on my list until....I'm debt free...or the world ends
9. Run 3 miles without stopping.  must continue to try this
10. Get a new position at work, or a new job, or sell everything...take my retirement..and travel until it runs out.   got a new position!! 
11. hire a handyman to do all the repairs that I am not willing to learn how to do check
12. change my car insurance - it should be cheaper.   check
13. Start saving money.  been better about this but currently don't have money saved
14. Treat myself with more respect, so when I meet men, they also treat me with respect.  check
15. Continue to loose weight. I do have a goal, but not sure if I will ever make it there.  must continue
16. Go to church.....I'd like to have a church family - or go to church with my friends. There's always opportunities at a church, that's what I'm looking for...I've already found God, and he's not just in a church so it's really the opportunities I'm looking for...no church family yet.


Not too shabby if I say so myself.  I will post my new resolutions after the new year.  For now, celebrate 2011 like the Mayans would. 

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I fell off the radar for a bit. Anyhoo, I am impressed by your accomplishments. In hindsight you had a lot of very organized resolutions and accomplished many of them. I am not as motivated... HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2012 be a wonderful year for us both!

bonnie said...

Yes! I hope that for us as well!!