BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 29, 2011

First Christmas

It's been John and I's first Christmas, and we have really done it right.

Prior to our school break we:
-had a photo session (I was the photographer) on the Plaza
-heard holiday tunes at Plaza III featuring Lonnie MacFadden
-went to each other's holiday concerts
-attended Olathe Community band's holiday concert (featuring a bell choir, singers and a jazz band)

Dec. 21: School break officially started for both of us
-we celebrated Christmas and gave each other fantastic-way-to-expensive gifts

Dec. 23: John performed in The Messiah, it was amazing.

Dec. 24: Steen family Christmas

Dec. 25: drove to Danville, IL and celebrated Christmas and met John's family

Dec. 26: I got the University of Illinois tour (in Champaign/Urbana Illinois), we went back to Danville and spent more time with John's family, then I got the Danville tour. After this we drove to Decatur, Illinois and stayed with John's friends Meg & Mike. Then we met up with the Decatur Choral crew (which I met at Mike & Meg's wedding). I got to experience SLB and the Winery.

Dec. 27: I got the Millikan tour. We had lunch with some of John's closest friends. We headed home, with a short tour of Lincoln's tomb in Springfield, Illinois.

And now we are just enjoying the vacation from work - catching up on stuff (like my blog) and cleaning (by my own choosing).

We plan to spend NYE at Julian's a restaurant in Brookside owned/head chef Celine Tio. I'm excited for this time and to ring in the new year with my best friend and love! It's been a great first Christmas, and everything just keeps getting better and better!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Sounds like you had a very Merry Christmas! What did you guys get for each other?

bonnie said...

John got me a beautiful, sparkly ring with butterflies and I got him a really nice watch (bulova)

Stacy said...

I saw the ring! Still so very happy for you. Makes me happy every time I read about your happiness:)

April said...

Ooohhh...great Christmas! I'm so glad that you were able to meet John's family, and I'm sure they fell in love with you. :)