Just wanted to check in and let you all know what's going on this summer so far (20 days in).
-routine? I haven't gotten into one, mainly because last week I had volleyball camp and worked in my new classroom. I do try to walk Maggie every day. We usually go about a mile or mile and a half. Maggie can be challenging to walk, I have to pull her for most of the way. She is getting better. If I could make a dream routine - I'd be getting up around 7:30, walking, breakfast, clean/organize/do a task, work out/ride my bike, lunch, clean/organize, nap/read/lay in the sun, get ready for the evening - depends on what's going on. This is the routine I had going the first week of summer, maybe I'll get back to it.
-outings? I've been doing plenty of things. I saw and met the creators of the documentary American Ghost Hunter. I saw Chelsea Handler. I have been out and about several times with friends. I have seen Hangover 2. I'm sure there are several outings I'm missing, but I can't think of them.
-summer job? Yes, I had a summer job dropped in my lap. Most days I wish I had never taken it. But it is an interesting job for me. I'm a hostess at one of my very favorite breweries in Kansas City - 75th St. Brewery. It has been really eye opening as to how the industry really works and what goes on behind doors. The job itself is pretty easy, but we work really hard if it's busy. There's a lot of responsibilities.
I'll be happy to get that $$ and put it away for a weekend trip or something.
-trips? Well, I loved Okoboji, IA so much last summer that I'm heading back. I'm staying with my friend Carrie and her parents. I have the best memories from last year, and I'm looking forward to making some more. Okoboji is awesome because you can bike everywhere. The weather is not as hot as here in KC, so biking isn't such a sweaty dehydrated mess. I think that Carrie and I are going to try and ride the 50 mile for BRASL this year - which will have us riding in 3 states if I remember right. I am hoping that my Schwinn is everything I want it to be so I can ride it.
I'm also heading to Springfield to see the Logan's, which will probably also turn into a trip to see a friend that is moving to West Plains (she's going to be the asst. band director there!). So - Stacy if you want to hang for an evening - let me know. I'll be down to see the Logan's around July 22-24, at least that is our plans - I will have to look at my $$ situation as that is right at the end of my paycheck, and sometimes I have $$ and sometimes I don't. I won't get my big paycheck until July 25. But I'm making a valiant effort to start saving money and being better about spending.
-bikes? Yes, I bought a Schwinn road bike off Craigslist. I think it's from the 80's, or at least am hoping it is (that is before Schwinn sold out). I have it now up to Family Bicycles getting tuned up, new peddles (with clips!!) and a water bottle holder. I'm excited about the new peddles because one side has clips and the other is just flat so I can wear any shoes on it. I hope this helps with the clips transition.
I am not quite ready to put anything else on here. I am trying not to feel like summer is slipping through my hands. But I kind of feel like that. There is just so much going on - however I do have lots of things to look forward to.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
WOO HOO for my blog shout out! That sounds great seeing as how our Joplin dreams were... well, we all know what happened there. Just remind me when it gets closer. I haven't made that schedule out yet at work. Gosh, it's been AGES!
Also, you met the Ghost Hunter guys? What was that like?
7:30 AM?!? in the summer?!? We are SO not alike in that area;)
Maybe you will meet a dude at the brewery;)
AHH....just let you guys know, incase you read this comment - I just realized the Steen fam reunion is the same weekend I'm planning on coming. decisions, decisions.
Post a Comment