BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 05, 2011

The best thing

about teaching is the new beginnings.  It's also the best thing about living.  I'm thankful today for new beginnings.  I know that I can start new this week.  After closing out a school year, and escalating a situation to near stupidity I can feel celebrated and forgive myself and move on to this summer.
Last summer I felt so good.  It was a real turning point in my life. I was truly happy and healthy.  I felt good, the best I have ever felt. 
My mission this summer is to feel that way again.  I begin this mission starting tomorrow (new beginnings).  I am looking forward to waking up early and making the most of my day.  While I don't have to work, I have plenty of goals to accomplish this summer.  
                                           
Here are a few of the goals:  clean ( I mean REALLY clean) the house.   Clean out the spare bedroom (tossing the bed, extra crap I don't use that I keep in there - hoping to get a daybed with trundle).  Get a better handle on my finances - maybe develop a better budget...just something to start saving money and feel good about having paid everything off.  Above all those things, being good to myself, eating healthy, being active everyday.  As much as I'd like to loose weight, it's more about feeling good and healthy.  Right now I don't.  And of course, I just want to find that happiness again.  It radiated throughout the entire school year (coming and going of course).  But I know I still felt it at the end of the year.  I'd like to be able to just recall

  or feel it whenever I want.  Being positive is completely addictive.  I am totally and wholly addicted. 
I'd like to get out of Kansas City at some point as well.  I have Okoboji, IA in July, but nothing else planned.  I need some other plans! 
Be well and Live well.  

2 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Plan to come see us! We would love that!!!!!! My sister had mentioned possibly taking a short trip to KC some weekend, but who knows if that will end up really happening! I'll definitely let you know if it does though!

bonnie said...

I would love to visit too!!