BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Race for the Cure


 


The first memory I have of cancer is during my time at Mid Continent Council of Girl Scouts.  As a Membership Development Director, I managed somewhere around 300 ladies.  I don't remember names.  But I remember moments.  And I remember walking into a volunteers house, she was the kindest, honest, and genuine person, and I walked into her house on a visit after she had been diagnosed, been through some treatment and had a mastectomy.  I don't remember a lot of details, but I remember her strength and positive attitude.  It could be that I encountered cancer way before this, I just don't remember or didn't know, don't be offended.  There has been several other individuals in my life that have had cancer, their fight was strong.  I think it's always important to remember the fight, the strength, the amazing attitude.  It's humbling.

I am still pretty speechless about the event today.  There were so many people.  I really was pretty emotional for the beginning of it, I think because of the amount of people everyone was walking for.  One girl was walking for her self and she as only 27 years old.  It's really motivational to continue to keep myself in better health and be active, also to not let life pass me by.  

I think we'll try to have a team next year.  Please join - this is an experience everyone will want to have at least once in their lifetime.  KC raised over a million dollars today.

0 comments: