Ahhh...bachelorette parties. Naughty gifts, penis straws, strippers, and gaggles of screaming girls are all thoughts that come to mind when I think about this kind of event. That was nothing like the event I planned on Saturday. It was to be a nice intimate, but educational event. I was very happy with the decorations. I had chosen lots of color with crazy daises (thank you Mary), boas, and sunglasses. This was easy and fun looking. Everything went as planned. I was really only disappointed in how loud the room was - but I'm the one that picked it, I just did not remember it ever being that loud. One person couldn't talk loud enough for everyone to be heard. I had planned a beer tasting, since I had it at a brewery. It was entirely too loud for that, plus people filtered in at their own times - some people were an hour later than the event time (to each their own). So, I personally don't think the beer tasting was a success. Although, I still like the idea. A wine tasting would also be fun for a shower or bachelorette party.
Everything else was wonderful and sweet (like the bride). My friend, Natalie, made these sugar cookies that are to die for. Bethany's sister, Dawn, brought a really fun game to play. I got fantastic discounts for me when I paid the bill thanks to great friends at KCHops.
Mary and I were going to go around Waldo for an afterparty, but we didn't get to do much of that.
We ended up over at a friends house, celebrating a birthday. It was a great time, so much so, that I didn't leave til 5 am. Ridiculous. I came home and crashed (in my mind I was 10 years younger, partying like it was 1999). I was going to be getting up in a few hours and heading to CoMo to spend some much needed time with Alicia (and fam). Because I am actually 10 years older than I thought I was, I slept through 3 alarms and multiple phone calls and texts and didn't wake up until 10:15am, 15 minutes after I was supposed to be there. What a jerk I am. If only I'd partied like I was 32, not 22. Alicia is very forgiving - but I let myself down, I was very upset about this and still am. Another blog to come about how to deal with personal disappointment soon.
Those feelings aside, I think Saturday was successful. I'm mostly happy with the party I threw and still impressed by the amount of beer I can drink (sarcasm anyone?!) I learned, again, that nothing good happens after 1:00am and it's okay to excuse yourself from the party and go home and that regardless of the fun your having, if you're over 30, you probably should just do that.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
Sounds like a great time. And I still can't get over that sexy dress girl. Wooooooo hooooo.
Emmarie thought she saw you at the fountains today. She went right up and started talking to the girl. I was wondering what was up when she looked at me and said, "Isn't that Monnie?"
I totally understand. Last Saturday was a drinking night for me--had ENTIRELY too much and mixed my drinks, which I know is a big NO-NO for me! But alas, I did it and suffered all day Sunday. You'd think I learn...I guess not! :)
SERIOUSLY...STOP! And yes, I hate that feeling of, "oh right, I am 32!" (Only in my case, it is 33!) I still love you!
Post a Comment