BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Reflective Happiness

Reflective Happiness is a new and researched way to help depression. It's all online. You join this club for so much a month and you have people who are there for you online, like an online buddy. You also participate in some activities online that are supposed to help you see everything more positively. Bunch of hooey to me. How can being in an online group help with depression. Write a book, sell it to hospitals and therapists...people need help in person, they just can't turn to a computer everytime they feel depressed. If they do, one day they wake up in their mid-40's and realize that they have no one, except all their imaginary friends on the computer. I was outraged when I read this study. As you can imagine.
I'm still struggling with the boy and the breakup. Everything seems very final these days. Life is still going on. I'm having great times with great friends, doing lots of fun things. I'm being adventurous and busy. BUT....but but but but but but but....even as busy as I can make myself be, or as unavailable as I can make myself be, my thoughts still turn to what ifs and why's and why me's. It's hard to not allow yourself to sink into the depth of angst that lies in those places. It's even harder to pull yourself out.
NO worries, folks. I'm doing all right, staying more than afloat, loving every minute, and probably happier than I've been for a while.

Thanksgiving??!! I've got friends coming to visit, Maure and Brad are coming here, my brother will be here, my parents will be around. I'm really looking forward to this holiday. It's going to be a very good visit. Even if my kitchen table is very small. We might have it buffet style this year. Good times!

Happy turkey day to everyone. Call me! It's the holidays, we should hear from one another. much love, bon

0 comments: