It seems every year I get worse about my emotions around my birthday. I'm not joyous about it. I don't like thinking about it. I've had one exciting thought about my birthday this year and I was in the party store buying confetti canons for my friend's birthday and I saw all the decorations and thought - I should have a party, but it is too late. The feeling left anyway when I left that aisle anyhow. I feel like I've done a good job of making goals and accomplishing them. However some things escape me - the things in which I have no real control. I don't like the idea of being 34 and really single. I am sincerely happy for my friends who are living wonderful lives with husbands or wives and procreating and getting to live out those wonderful things. But I do wish for them for myself and I'm just not sure sometimes how to be positive about not having that. I'm happy for my life, my successes, learning from my failures and all the wonderful people that are in it. I just don't know how to get rid of this feeling that I'm missing out and another birthday is coming and yet another of year of not accomplishing those wants. I don't know how to put a positive spin on it. I'm happy with my life - no mistake. I'm proud of my accomplishments. I love who I've become (mostly). I guess I just wish I had someone to share it with.
So...I guess that's probably the base of my 'problem'...now how to deal with it? I just don't know. But to put it out there in the universe, when you think of it or say it aloud, please reference me meeting someone soon and falling in love. Maybe if we say it enough it will happen.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment