BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 05, 2007

distant and obscure ravings

There's a good scene in Bridgett Jones' Diary where she sings the 'All by myself' song, drunk on vodka, plays air drums, cries for her singletoness. Not all of us had times like these, I had them during my gin & tonic days. But not so much since. I have, however, slipped into an abyss of loneliness, and not just being single loneliness, but all around loneliness. Last week, I was just wanting the friends to come to me, to help me, to be there for me...this week I'm screaming out 'hey, let's have a conversation, let's hang out.' and I've gotten the same reaction - no answered phone calls, no answered emails, total ignorance. From my friends. People whose calls I answer, who show up at my door, who send emails needing to talk, text messages. I don't understand it. I was there for them, I thought it worked both ways. How many times will I learn this lesson in life? Probably a million more. I'm stopping here and going on though, a person shouldn't have to spell it out for their friends. I learned a while ago that you are the most important person in your life.

A good thing is that I am luckier than most, I learn from everything and regret nothing.

Disclaimer: this blog is not intended to entertain the masses, it is like a diary and for all intents and purposes used to record my thoughts during that time period and moment. Don't be worried or upset or pissed off, it was your decision to venture through my personal thoughts and feelings at this moment. Who knows, the feelings and thoughts could change in the next moment and be totally different...

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Bon - I wish you lived closer to me. (Not that I would solve all your problems - I just miss you.) Hey, maybe you should move. Maybe you need a change. That always satisfied my funks, etc. I know you just bought a house, but think about it. There are some great schools in Columbia and I KNOW you would tear this town up!

Stacy said...

It sounds like we are both very much the same in the friendship department-- lots of give and very little take (cause it's not offered). I can totally empathize.