Halloween
Adult trick or treating! Not really, but last night a few good friends and I got dressed up and went out. We went to a variety show put on by Spiceoflife productions (owned by friends of Mary's). The variety show is called a Donkey Show. They usually have all kinds of different acts and several live bands. It's cheap entertainment and always a really good time. And they do 'theme nights' in which you can dress up!
There's always an interesting act. Last night's interesting act was Human Art, titled 'Night Life Jones'. This art was a guy who was naked, except for a jock strap and had barbed wire coiled all around his body. It was real barbed wire. He wanted women to beat him with bats covered in sand paper. Sober, I can comprehend the psyche and it's need for pain and know that some take it to a very extreme level. But the beer must have got to me, because I couldn't handle it. I couldn't not watch it either. The more I thought about the disorders that go with this kind of behavior and the possible reasoning behind it, the more outraged I was. And then, I started thinking about what kind of people would actually take the bat and hit him?! Who is sicker? It really tripped me out and knocked my buzz off. I was not right for the rest of the night.
Here's some more fun pics - captions underneath!
I put on fake eyelashes for the first time.
My good friend, Pat, showing off his costume.
My bestest, Mary, the beer goddess!
Mary's husband, Cris, was a satan worshiping priest.
I like this one.
funny pic of Mary and Cris. They were in the costume competition. A killer bee won.
There's more where those came from! Hope everyone has a safe, but fun Halloween!
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
I have heard of donkey shows in Mexico. Not my cup of tea.
Looks like a good time minus the other junk. Dillon is going to be Elmo, but he thinks he is Cookie Monster!
Post a Comment