And so, I find myself using this site as a rant rather than here's what's happening to me. Here's my latest rant.
It snowed today, most schools got out a little early. I, the lucky one, have to be at work by 7am, so that means I'm outta there on a regular day at 3. Today, we got out around 2:15. It had snowed for several hours by then and was bitterly cold. But it's winter in the Midwest. We've had snow/ice/sleet already this year, this time is no different. It seems though that Midwesterners have several deficits in their short term memory. Everyone forgets how to drive in the snow. I live maybe like 7-10 minutes away from my job. It took me a whole 30 minutes or more to get home today - and the roads had already been sanded and scooped. CRAZY!! I understand wanting to be safe, but really.... Previous to my experience, we had been looking at the weather on the internet and there had been several car pile-ups on the highways already. There was a 35 car pile up north. There was a 7 car pile up out west. Seriously - do we really not know how to drive or do we forget that this weather is the weather we're supposed to have, not the a45-50 degree weather we had the other day. Maybe when it gets above 40 our brains automatically dispose of the winter weather advisory. Maybe we go into gearing up for spring and start thinking about newness and buds on the trees and flowers and that fills our brain, rather than, hmm...oh...say....the fact that it's winter and we had 6 inches of snow just 8 days ago.
Anyhow - that's my "people don't know how to drive" rant.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment