I have started this blog what seems like 100 times and have yet to finish it, I'm not too sure this will be the time either, but I'm gonna give a good ole' college try.
So I wanted to write a blog about 2009. When I started typing i realized that none of it was really about me - and it's my blog. It should be about what happened to ME in 2009, not all the amazing events that happened to everyone else. So, I've thought long and hard and have decided that maybe I don't need to write an end of the year blog. As everyone's mom always says - If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. While all the exciting stuff happened to everyone else....here's my list of thankfulness for 2009.
In no particular order:
-family
-best friends
-bearcat football
-coaching middle school volleyball
-having the opportunity to go to the 2009 Presidential Inauguration
-Celinda gave me these pair of yellowstone pants (just cotton whatever pants) I love them and I'm thankful for them almost daily.
-having friends who are talented in all sorts of ways
-encouragements to rip out the carpet and then actually doing so. The flooring looks fantastic and I have no more asthma at night.
-liquid eyeliner
-having the funds to get my hair did
-beer, jerry, and vodka
-teaching, my students
-being humbled daily
-living
-sunshine, sweating, 5 weeks off
-coffee, which I have just recently started loving again, daily.
-my maturity and growth as a person
-New Moon
-$5 movies during the week and early on weekends
-and the last thing I will post that I am thankful for, knowing what I want and not settling for less.
"Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.“
— Hardy D. Jackson
*I know this list is short...I'll add to it at a later time, I have been having an awful time looking back on 2009. It really angers me in many ways and makes me sad in others. So, I do a little thinking at a time and then move on! I'll come back to it later.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
Life only happens TO you when you are not an active participant. Hmm, that's a pretty thought provoking quote huh? I just impressed myself. Anyways, funny thing: the things you listed as being thankful all involved YOU. Maybe you need to look back on the year through the eyes of being thankful to see some good from the year. Sounds to me like there was a lot of it.
I did that on purpose....because when I was thinking of all the events that happened this year..I could think of none that were just for me...so I made a point to list all things me that I'm thankful for so I COULD see the good in the year. I felt much better afterward.
Post a Comment